Calicoctl Configuration Overview
calicoctl command line tool needs to be configured with details of
your datastore so that it can manage system configuration and
Configuration may be specified either using a YAML or JSON input file, or through environment variables. Configuration is determined as follows:
- if a configuration file is present, the file is read and that configuration is used, otherwise
- if the environment variables are set, those are used, otherwise
- a default etcdv2 endpoint at http://127.0.0.1:2379 is assumed.
Calico currently supports the following datastores:
Calico supports, but does not require:
- role based authentication using username and password
- certificate and key authentication.
Configuring datastore access
For detailed information on configuring calicoctl, see the documentation for your chosen datastore.