Warning: You're not viewing the latest Calico documentation.
The following table shows component versioning for Calico v2.3.
Use the version selector at the top-right of this page to view a different release.
12 June 2017
Changes / New Features
- Various improvements which reduce Felix CPU usage.
- Introduces the Calico fanout agent, Typha, for better performance when using the Kubernetes datastore driver.
- Calico now implements the
networking.k8s.io/NetworkPolicyAPI semantics as defined by Kubernetes when using the Kubernetes datastore driver.
- Note: This represents a change in how existing Kubernetes NetworkPolicies are enforced by Calico. To maintain existing behavior when upgrading, follow these steps: - In Namespaces that previously did not have the “DefaultDeny” annotation, you should delete any existing NetworkPolicy objects. - In Namespaces that previously did have the “DefaultDeny” annotation, you can create the equivalent semantics by creating a NetworkPolicy that selects all pods but does not allow any traffic.
- Note: Calico with etcd continutes to implement the
extensions/v1beta1NetworkPolicy API semantics - this change has no effect on etcd based Calico deployments.
- Fixed an issue where the Kubernetes datastore driver would resync with the Kubernetes API more frequently than necessary.