Warning: You are viewing the v2.3 docs. Click here to view the docs for the latest release.
The following table shows component versioning for Calico v2.3.
Use the version selector at the top-right of this page to view a different release.
12 June 2017
Changes / New Features
- Various improvements which reduce Felix CPU usage.
- Introduces the Calico fanout agent, Typha, for better performance when using the Kubernetes datastore driver.
- Calico now implements the
networking.k8s.io/NetworkPolicyAPI semantics as defined by Kubernetes when using the Kubernetes datastore driver.
- Note: This represents a change in how existing Kubernetes NetworkPolicies are enforced by Calico. To maintain existing behavior when upgrading, follow these steps: - In Namespaces that previously did not have the “DefaultDeny” annotation, you should delete any existing NetworkPolicy objects. - In Namespaces that previously did have the “DefaultDeny” annotation, you can create the equivalent semantics by creating a NetworkPolicy that selects all pods but does not allow any traffic.
- Note: Calico with etcd continutes to implement the
extensions/v1beta1NetworkPolicy API semantics - this change has no effect on etcd based Calico deployments.
- Fixed an issue where the Kubernetes datastore driver would resync with the Kubernetes API more frequently than necessary.