The following table shows component versioning for Calico v3.6.
Use the version selector at the top-right of this page to view a different release.
Release archive with Kubernetes manifests, Docker images and binaries.
09 Mar 2019
Calico IPAM for Kubernetes API datastore
You now have full feature parity for Calico IP address management (IPAM) irrespective of the datastore you are using with your Calico deployment. This enables all of Calico’s IP address management features including:
- Multiple IP address pools
- Per-pod, per-namespace, and per-node pool specification
Upgrading existing clusters using Calico with host-local IPAM is seamless - simply apply the new v3.6 manifest and you’ll be using Calico IPAM! Note that it is important to use the updated manifests hosted on https://docs.projectcalico.org to ensure upgrade is not disruptive.
- libcalico-go #1010 (@caseydavenport, @briansan)
- cni-plugin #683 (@briansan)
- cni-plugin #684 (@lwr20, @song-jiang)
- kube-controllers #340 (@caseydavenport)
Calico 3.6 has several enhancements for your OpenStack deployments for better operational efficiency and resiliency. If you have a multi-region OpenStack deployment, you can choose to map all of those regions into a shared Calico datastore, which then allows you to define cross-region Calico policies. We’ve improved our documentation about the labels you can use to define Calico policy in addition to OpenStack security groups, and have added the project parent ID label to facilitate policy between hierarchically organised projects.
GitHub PRs / commits:
Selectors with substring matching
With both Kubernetes and OpenStack, you can now write Calico policy with selectors that match on a label value substring instead of the whole label value. For example you can write “role starts with ‘Security’” or “role contains ‘Engineer’”, whereas previously you could only specify a complete match “role == ‘Security Engineer’”.
- Selector syntax now supports operators for substring matching: “contains”, “starts with” and “ends with”. libcalico-go #1036 (@fasaxc)
- Fix issue in BIRD readiness reporting which can result in multiple nodes restarting at once node #162 (@tathagatachowdhury)
- Fix kube-controllers performing unnecessary reprogramming of profiles libcalico-go #1012 (@song-jiang)
- calico/node in route reflector mode now advertises service ClusterIPs to peers outside of the cluster. confd #206 (@roshanirathi)
- Removed unnecessary logging in Dikastes for HTTP requests. app-policy #70 (@song-jiang)
- Removed support for the K8S_API_TOKEN environment variable libcalico-go #1023 (@tathagatachowdhury)
- OpenStack VM endpoints now have a label for the parent ID of the VM’s project. calico #2411 (@neiljerram)
- The CALICO_ROUTER_ID environment variable now supports a special value “hash”, which derives the router ID from the nodename. This is useful for IPv6-only systems. confd #223 (@roshanirathi)
- Update quickstart guide to use Kubernetes API datastore. calico #2435 (@caseydavenport)
- Update top-level navigation bar and reorganize existing content to match. calico #2372 (@emanic)