The following table shows component versioning for Calico v3.8.
Use the version selector at the top-right of this page to view a different release.
Release archive with Kubernetes manifests, Docker images and binaries.
01 Jul 2019
IPAM utilization reporting
You can now view IP address usage for each IP pool using calicoctl. This allows you to more easily manage the IP space in your cluster, providing a simple way to see which IP pools have addresses available and which are running low. See the calicoctl reference documentation for more detailed information on how to use this feature.
- Expose IPAM usage in calicoctl calicoctl #2011 (@neiljerram)
- Calculate IPAM usage libcalico-go #1087 (@neiljerram)
- Documentation updates calico #2636 (@neiljerram)
Istio integration improvements
Calico v3.8.0 includes several improvements to its integration with Istio for application layer policy enforcement. Calico now supports Istio v1.1, and includes the necessary drivers and volumes in calico-node by default. To enable, simply modify the default felix configuration.
- Adds support for envoy.service.auth.v2 API; supports Istio 1.1 app-policy #91 (@spikecurtis)
- Includes App Layer Policy drivers & volumes in
calico-nodebut leaves disabled by default. calico #2633 (@spikecurtis)
- Sidecar injector ConfigMaps for multiple Istio versions, URL changed calico #2619 (@spikecurtis)
Explicit source IP for outgoing NAT
You can now specify an exact address to use for outgoing SNAT when workloads are sending traffic outside of the cluster. This enables better support for hosts with multiple interface addresses. For example, you may want to ensure that SNAT occurs using a publicly routable secondary IP address on your primary interface.
- Support for specifying explicit IP to be used for outgoing NAT felix #2028 (@maxstr)
- Support for specifying explicit IP to be used for outgoing NAT libcalico-go #1089 (@maxstr)
- Fix that VXLAN routes were revoked but not re-added if node IP tunnel or main IP changed. felix #2030 (@fasaxc)
- Fixed slow memory leak that was noticed with lots of workload churn. felix #2023 (@tmjd)
- Manifests now use the stable v1 Kubernetes APIs calico #2629 (@jadech32)
- Assign priority classes to Calico components calico #2564 (@tomastigera)
- Validate BGP peer node and peer selectors libcalico-go #1091 (@jadech32)
- Add etcd DNS discovery support for specifying etcdv3 endpoint(s). libcalico-go #1086 (@jsok)
- Only update peers if there was a significant change in nodes confd #234 (@cezarsa)
- Changed order of releasing IP and removing interface cni-plugin #746 (@jadech32)
- Update cni-plugins version to v0.8.0 and add bandwidth plugin for traffic shaping. cni-plugin #745 (@johscheuer)